Name and Surname: Lehlohonolo Makwe
Birthplace: Kagiso 2 Riverside, Krugersdorp GP
Current location: Johannesburg
Business details: Senior Brand Consultant & Founder of Bass Creative Branding Cafè
Qualification details: Journalism & Media Science and Brand Management
Quote that motivates your work: If you don’t do it, who will?
- When you were younger, what did you think you’d become?
Wow lovely question, so I saw myself being News Anchor and a part time Deejay
- What are you passionate about?
The grace of God.
- What person has had the most influence on you and your life?
I took a decision to become a hustler. It wasn’t easy and it’s still not, I made a lot of mistakes, but I didn’t dwell on them, instead I took the lessons and moved higher. Meeting people of great influence was a given and some of them helped me climb the ladder.
- What influenced your decision to start this business?
The hunger to do something for myself, at my own time, own pace & own lane.
- Tell us about your business?
Bass creative branding cafè brings you the finest quality in branding, consulting, designing, printing & embroidery, journalism, textile, social media management & many more.
- What was your key driving force to become an entrepreneur?
I felt that there’s so much more to learn and to do, the sky is the limit.
- How did you raise funding for your business?
I had to use all my savings to test my services in the market place and give them away free of charge to hear what people think of them
- What makes this project exciting?
The excitement of seeing our clients happy with our services.
- What are some of the challenges you face?
The pressure of delivering perfect products under natural challenges such as load shedding.
- How do you generate new ideas?
A lot actually, we learn every single day. Just be on the lookout!
- How do you wish to grow this business? What is your vision for the future?
Branch into branding and social media
- What sacrifices did you make to get where you are?
Waking up early, sleeping late, drinking a lot of coffee, check on emails, meet new clients, deliveries, consultations.
- If you could give the younger you advise, what would it be?
I’m able to take relevant steps in the right direction that I need to get to the ultimate goal.
- What key activities would you recommend entrepreneurs to invest their time in?
Your purpose is likely to be your passion, everything works out when you first discover what your passionate is about, get more research on it, be unapologetic about it, take the risks and uncomfortably move up the ladder.
- What are you most proud of?
When I got called by a certain learning institution in South Africa to do clothing branding for them, man I was nervous!